Wrench, Ride, Repeat

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the Moto Kommunity

News Feed Forums Klassifieds 1991 Suzuki VX800 $1500 (with extras!)

Tagged: , ,

• 1991 Suzuki VX800 $1500 (with extras!)

Posted by jimmyg on 3 Mar 2022 at 4:22 pm

Very uncommon 1991 Suzuki VX800. Basically an Intruder V-twin engine in a naked frame including the shaft drive. Rated at 63hp and 72 Nm of torque. Not many sold in Australia however the bike has great reviews in OS markets (see here https://www.cycleinsider.com/Suzuki-VX800-Motorcycle-Reviews?manu=Suzuki&model=VX800).

I purchased this on a bit of a whim with the view of giving it a freshen up and getting it back on the road as a light custom but ended up finding anther bike that I’d been looking for a while so turned my focus to that.

I’ve put in a little fuel and jump started; that’s as far as I got. It fired up for few moments but needs carbs cleaned to run. Other than that I haven’t done any work on it or given it a thorough inspection, but it’s going to need all your basics done such as brakes, fluids, carbs, etc.

It’s going to need a bit of elbow grease as it appears to have been sitting for a while, but would make a great project, especially for a beginner as they are a relatively simple bike with common parts from other models.

Looking for $1500 and pretty firm, however to sweeten the deal I’ll include a free workshop membership to Kustom Kommune (valued at $449.00) and a month of storage if you need somewhere to stash /hide it ($169pm).

jimmyg replied 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.